Eli Weinstock-Herman (Tarwn)
Raleigh, NC USA 35° 53' 6.69" N 78° 31' 9.74" W
Recommended(from the Reading List page)
BlogsAs part of my endeavor to continue improving my knowledge and experience, I follow a number of blogs and read articles posted on those blogs and on twitter. Each morning I set aside time to read 3-5 articles covering a variety of topics that interest me. Many of these names show up in my Delicious bookmarks as well. As part of my ongoing improvement process I have also started writing semi-regularly for the blogs on LessThanDot.com.
My ArticlesThese are the last three articles I published at LessThanDot.
- Duplicating LessThanDot on a Vagrant VM
- How I Hire Developers
- Distributed Storage: How SQL Azure Replicas Work
Delicious BookmarksLast 10 articles I bookmarked:
Daily Reading ListThese are the URLS for feeds I read on a regular basis.
ArchitectureThis category includes software, systems, IT, business, and Enterprise architecture topics.
- Chris on EA, Chris Lockhart
- Coding the Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture in Higher Education, Leo DeSousa
- Gabriel Morgan's MSDN Blog
- Inside Architecture, Nick Malik
- Mike Walker's Blog
- Rockford Lhotka's Personal Blog
- Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategy, Sam Lowe
- Service Architecture, Steve Jones
- Serge Thorn's IT BLog
CTO/CIOUnderstanding the viewpoint of an IT executive is important for anyone that will work in an IT department or consult with one. It is doubly important if one is considering it as a potential future role.
- CIOpedia, Scott Booher
- CTO/CIO Perspectives, Peter Kretzman
- Eric D. Brown's Technology, Strategy, People & Projects
- Midwest IT Survival, John F. Bauer III
Leadership, Management, and Human ResourcingA small but growing category of blogs that represents another interest of mine, even if I happen to be in a non-lead role currently.
- All Things Workplace, Steve Roesler
- Positive Organizational Behavior, Bret L. Simmons
- Great Leadership, Dan McCarthy
- Harvard Business Review, Susan Cramm
- The Corner Office, Steve Tobak
MarketingSeveral blogs on marketing, branding, and blogging.
Process Improvement - Lean and AgileLean and Agile both provide methods and tools for improving our processes and transforming our environments and businesses to provide more value for less cost. My interests in both range far afield from implementation in IT environments.
- Agile Anarchy, Tobias Mayer
- Agile Management Blog, David Anderson
- Mike Cohn's Blog - Succeeding With Agile®
- Object Mentor Blog: Category Uncle Bob's Blatherings
- Daily Kaizen, Lee Fried
- Evolving Excellence
- Gemba Panta Rei, Jon Miller
- Gemba Tales, Mark R Hamel
- Got Boondoggle?, Mike Wroblewski
- Jamie Flinchbaugh
- Lean Six Sigma Academy
- My Flexible Pencil, David M. Kasprzak
Project ManagementProject Management topics, mostly from the eyes of people in the software development industry.
- A Girl's Guide to Project Management, Elizabeth Harrin
- Better Projects, Craig Brown and Ted Hardy
- Fragile - Project Management and Software Development, Neil Johnson
- Guerilla Project Management, Samad
- NOOP - Management, Development, Complexity, and Me, Jurgen Appelo
- Pawel Brodzinski, Software Project Management
- Preventing Project Failure, Michiko Diby
- Project Shrink, Bas de Baar
- Richard Cummings
- Software Development and Human Capital, Scott Dunn
Software DevelopmentThere had to be a few, right? I don't have many Software Development links because I tend to read about Software Development topics in a deep fashion (ie, specific search topics), rather than a broad one.
- Brian Harry's MSDN Blog
- Don't Be Iffy, Julie Lerman
- Hunch On IT, Carl Kessler
- LessThanDot - a variety of topics, some of them written by me
- MSDN Magazine: RSS Feed
- ploeh blog, Mark Seemann
- Steve Sanderson's Blog
- You've Been Haacked!, Phil Haack
Misc SubjectsI don't track feeds by subject until I have a few in the given subject, so these have fallen into a misc RSS folder until then.
- Change Order - Business and Process of Design, David Sherwin
- Infosec Island - Articles on Information Security
- Presentation Zen - Professional Presentation Design, Garr Reynolds
- Reflections for Personal and Business Development, Mónica Diaz
- Scott Berkun - Creativity, Management, and Everythign Else
- Two Rivers Flowing - User Experience, Usability